The most sold airplane in the world for the last 5 years.
Flying a Cirrus SR22 is about making no compromise between ease of flight and performance.
Safety is all over on a Cirrus airplane since the entire range is equipped with the CAPS technology (Cirrus Airframe Parachute System) which enables the pilot or a passenger, in case of an emergency, to deploy a full cell parachute of 55 feet in diameter, giving the plane safe landing ability.
For your safety, the Cirrus SR22 also has choc absorbtion seats, 4 point seatbelts and airbags.
Avionics wise, Cirrus SR22s are either equipped with Avidyne (G2 and G3) or Garmin G1000 (G3 and G5).
Glasscockpit Avidyne (SR22s from 2004 to 2012)
The glass cockpit Avidyne is the standard equipment for the Cirrus G2 and G3 models and has nothing to envy from the most performant systems of airline planes. For a good reason since the Avidyne system is already on those aircrafts.
Glasscockpit Garmin 1000 Perspective (SR22s starting in 2008)
As a pilot, you are in the cockpit and experience the world in a way others can only dream about. As leaders in technology and navigation, Cirrus and Garmin are at the controls and have imagined how to revolutionize flight sensations.
Cirrus Perspective makes this idea a reality in the airplane. With a desire to reinvent the extraordinary in the cockpit of a personal plane, Cirrus developed an integrated technology and details you will find nowhere else. New functions have been added to reduce your workload and your stress, by giving you more time to think, and by improving flight environment management. You experience more precise and easier flight qualities, knowing you are flying with a higher level of control and safety.
Look up close at the Garmin’s contribution to the Cirrus Perspective and you will understand why we wanted to make this aircraft available to you and integrate it to our Astonfly fleet.
By becoming a Cirrus Pilot, you adopt a lifestyle where safety is taken seriously, whatever the flight situation, with family for pleasure or with coworkers on the job
- The new DUAL AHRS automatic pilot can climb, maintain level flight and course. DUAL AHRS also signifies a second level of safety.
- The « Blue Level (LVL) » levels and balances your aircraft in case of an emergency or pilot mistake, giving you time to check the situation and decide on the right process to follow.
- New weather functions and the Go Around button just add to the list of the revolutions increasing your flight comfort.
- The instrument panel has a multifunction display the size of which has increased by 35%, but also has:
- Synthetic vision technology
- More reachable keypad
- Vertical navigation system
- Flight plan help
- Yaw damper
- LVL Button giving precious time to analyse when in spatial disorientation.
An airplane adapted to travel and instrument flying.
For your comfort, you have propeller and flight surfaces deicing, latest generation automatic pilot which can be coupled to one of the 2 on board GPS, an audio entry for plugging in an MP3 player, particularly comfortable leather seats and a large luggage compartment and all this flies at a 180 knots !
The Cirrus SR22 in numbers
SR22 G2 Avidyne (2004 – 2006)
Persons on board
SR22 G3 Avidyne or G1000 (2007 – 2012)
Persons on board
SR22 G5 G1000 (starting 2013)
Persons on board