Discover the world of twin-engines
If you want to discover the very different world of multi-engines, for the safety and performance it guaranties, come and experience the MEP training (Multi Engine Piston) and be qualified on the revolutionary twin-engines Diamond DA42.
The major task of this training is in the management of dissymmetric flight.
The MEP class qualification gives you the ability to conduct the privileges of your license on multi-engine piston airplanes.
- Be the holder of a LAPL (A), PPL (A), CPL (A) or ATPL (A),
- Be the holder of a class 2 medical certificate, under PART-MED regulations,
- Have conducted at least 70 hours as pilot in command on an airplane.
Planning and duration
Each training session is freely reserved on line depending on availabilities, from Monday to Sunday.
Your multi-engine class rating program
- 11 hours of training on the aerodynamics of dissymmetric flight but also on the specifics of your training aircraft, the Diamond DA42 Twin Star.
- 2 hours of instruction on an FNPT II simulator,
- 6 flight hours under instruction on the Diamond DA42.
Validity of your class rating
This class rating is valid for 12 months.
If the renewal date has not been reached you can ask for a prorogation:
- Within the three months prior to the renewal date, pass a competency check on a plane or a FSTF simulator corresponding to the MEP class.
- During the validity of the MEP, having conducted at least 10 laps as pilot in command on an MEP class plane or 1 lap as pilot on an MEP class plane with an instructor.
If the renewal date has passed, you must take a class qualification training of a number of hours depending on the time elapsed since the end of validity, and an in-flight practical check flight with a flight examiner qualified on type.